Looks like a social platform that is cleaner http://danciatan.tumblr.com/
Bar Bar Black Sheep at Dunearn Road has opened another outlet at Cluny Court, next to Serene Centre. Unlike Dunearn’s where you wilt in the Singapore heat, Cluny has indoor air con seating and it’s much more spacious.
If you do not have eyes like a hawk, you may miss the entrance whether you drive or walk from Serene Centre. Peel your eyes open or you may walk past this joint that serves Indian, Western, Thai and Local all under one roof.
I took the set lunch Nasi Lemak that came with FRESH apple juice (which i was suitably impressed) and mango
pudding (which was an anticlimax); all of which cost $10.90. Granted, the rice was not lemak but the other ingredients were not too bad. I quite like the juicy and crispy chicken wing and chilli. It was not numbingly hot to overpower the dish.
If you order ala carte, you can get a 10% discount using Citibank credit card. Not for set meals though.
501 Bukit Timah Road
#01-05C Cluny Court
I tried the recipe from thepioneerwoman. I was confused by the amount of butter though. Was it 1&3/4? I felt it was too buttery compared to the picture on her site. But whatever it is, the bars were so sinfully good. If not because I remembered how much butter I used, I would have eaten one after another. Nom nom
Real Food serves organic, healthy vegetarian food. I ordered baked brown rice; supposedly with coriander (which I love) beans, cheese and mushrooms. I was rather disappointed with this lonely pitiful stalk of coriander on top of the rice. Other than that, the rice was tasty, savoury with a creamy sauce and fragrant mushrooms.
However with such a healthy meal, I had this sudden impulse to sink my teeth on a fried chicken wing to reward myself. Well I think it will freak this healthy and veg joint out if I came in waving my chicken wing. It will totally adulterate this place.
Thought this is a powerful and beautiful poem to share. I may not fully grasp the essence of the poem but at least it leads me to think about my need to rest, my desire to sleep and my struggle with whether I am being a sloth at times.
I highly suspect I am autistic
A very belated bake; christmas biscotti. Since I had cashews and dried blueberries, also decided to add into the christmas biscotti mix. I used Nigella’s cranberry and pistachio biscotti recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
You will need:
75g caster sugar (I changed to 60g, realise Nigella’s recipes always uses more sugar than necessary
2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
125g plain flour, plus more for rolling
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
75g pistachio nuts
50g dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
2. Whisk the egg and sugar until pale and moussy: the mixture should leave a ribbon-like trail when you lift the beater. Beat in the orange zest, and then slowly fold in the flour, baking powder and a good grating of nutmeg.
3. Fold in the whole pistachios and dried cranberries, then flour your work surface well, and you may find it helpful to dust your hands lightly with flour, too, as the dough is quite sticky. Now form the dough into a flattish, oval ciabatta-like loaf, approx. 25 x 5 centimetres, tapering the ends slightly.
4. Lay the biscotti dough loaf onto a piece of baking parchment on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until it is a pale brown colour. It may help to rotate the baking sheet halfway through the cooking time, as the base can brown quickly; this reduces the risk of the base scorching at one end.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and leave for 5 minutes to harden slightly, and then – using a bread knife or similar stout serrated-edged knife – cut the baked loaf diagonally into fingers about one centimetre thick.
6.Put these back onto the baking-parchment-covered sheet and cook again for another 10 minutes, then turn the biscotti over and cook for yet another five minutes. Let the goldenbrown biscotti cool on a rack and then store them in an airtight container.
I think it tastes nicer than my previous one here! Even I like this present batch and I am not a lover of biscotti. The sweetness is just nice for me but if you prefer a sweeter version, you can add more sugar.